Apr 7, 2011

Music is EVERYTHING

As I was doing a quick video for reviewing website Yelp's fun event, I was looking for an appropriate music and came across these guys, Brassroots, who were playing in the venue where the other event was happening. I didn't get a reply from them in time so I ended up using another music. I just love  their main track Good Life, it could be  just fantastically appropriate for a lot of short videos.
The band sent me 3 copies of their LPs, which means I had a copy on every possible disc player and last sunday, while driving and looking at the gorgeous sunny landscape passing through me, I listened to their cover of Misrilou and thought the desperate madness and joyfulness of the song had something in common with the music from  Underground by Emir Kusturica... 








Well actually most Kusturica's movies have that mad feel in which music is SO appropriate and in tune with that madness (thinking about Arizona Dreaming for instance). 
Kusturica is a musician himself too and I've always been amazed at how the soundtrack choices fitted perfectly his movies...

Music IS a big element of a film or a video, it brings the visual to another levels if carefully chosen or can make pictures look duller than they are when the music is just wrong...



Portrait photographer, Dublin,   videography, event video, boudoir photography, studio photographer,  romantic photoshoot, baby photoshoot, corporate headshots, creative photography,    baby pictures, irish portrait photographer, female photographer,family portraits, HD DSLR video, commercial photography, advanced photoshop retouching, commercial videos, portraiture, Ireland,

No comments: